Water carries out thoughts and prayers, as you are water yourself. No matter where you are, your prayers will be carried to the rest of the world.” Dr. Emoto
LOVE, HATE, and IGNORING are expressed daily, whether it’s loving our children, hating our appearance, or ignoring our pets. This simple experiment shows us kindness really matters.
From the thoughts we are thinking, the intentions we put into the universe, the words we speak and act upon, and even the prayers of mindfulness practices we participate in impacts our bodies, the people surrounding us and of course the earth we call home.
Why Do I Care About Love, Hate and Ignoring?
Learning and experienceing the power words have matters, because our bodies and the earth are composed of 60-80% water. What we put into our water affects our mental, emotional, and physical well-being. Along with the well-being of the planet. Take a breath and prepare yourself to better understand the effects LOVE, HATE, and IGNORING play in your life.
How to Prepare for The Rice Experiment
- 3 small airtight containers.
- 1 bag of white rice.
- 3 labels and tape: label each separately 1. LOVE, 2. HATE, and 3. IGNORE.
The 5-Step LOVE, HATE and IGNORE Rice Experiment
- Step 1. Start with three small containers with airtight lids.
- Step 2. Cook white rice with water, as recommended on the rice container. You can also do this with uncooked rice and water about one inch covering rice, your choice, both ways work.
- Step 3. After placing equal amounts of rice inside each container, put each label LOVE, HATE, and IGNORE, and then make sure lids are secure and airtight.
- Step 4. You will immediately put the LOVE and HATE containers on opposite sides of a room or in different rooms if you choose. Then, place the ignore container in a space that will be overlooked, like a closet or somewhere you don’t go much and preferably somewhere dark.
- Step 5. This is the most crucial step! Every day visit the LOVE and HATE containers. With the energy, intention, and attention, love the love one and say kind, beautiful, and intelligent words. It may be challenging, but hate the hate one, say the mean, ugly and cruel things you say to yourself and things you want to speak to someone who has deeply hurt you. As for the third container, simply ignore it, don’t give it any attention.
A Reminder that Kindess Matters!
After one to two weeks, you will notice a change. You will see the hate beginning to discolor and rot; the ignore will start slightly rotting. What do you think will happen to the love container? Do this and see with your own eyes.
Try it out; it is a friendly reminder to say kind words to ourselves and those around us. And another reminder to be aware of how it looks to say hateful, unkind, and hurtful things. For us, this helps us better understand what it looks like and even when we can tap into what it feels like to love, ignore, or spread hate.
The LOVE, HATE, and IGNORE Rice Experiment prove words, thoughts, and intentions impact water. Since we are made of water, ask yourself what am I putting into my water?
You don’t have to take my word for it, do this and discover the truth and power of LOVE, HATE, and IGNORE on your own.
Read and learn how to cultivate a grounding practice HERE
Watch Dr. Emoto’s Rice Experiment HERE
Written by Shelly Bond